POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray.org links : Re: povray.org links Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:18:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray.org links
From: Chris Cason
Date: 2 May 2006 10:30:40
Message: <44576d10@news.povray.org>
I should point out that we already have a DB-driven PHP-based interface for
editing the links ... the only issue with it is that it's not designed for
multiple people to use at once (e.g. it won't cleanly handle the situation
where two people happen to edit the same link at more or less the same time -
the newest content will nuke the other one). We also need to add user
authentication for it. As it stands it's really an internal tool for our own use.

Basically if we can solve those (it's really just a time issue) I could open
it for editing to authenticated users. (Actually the problem with dual edits
could be solved by a division of labor amongst the editors, so it's really
just authentication).

-- Chris